Wednesday, January 26, 2005

FireFox 1.0

Been using FireFox for sometime now. Stopped using Netscape 7.2, though I felt bitter doing this I guess that its going to reach "End of Life" sometime soon and so I switched loyalities.

I liked the bookmark manager in FireFox. Its a breeze importing your collection from other browsers. I sync'd three different bookmark files, each having about a 100 or so bookmarks, in a matter of a few seconds.

The search engine box is another cool feature. You can add more than 100 or so search engines. I managed to add about a dozen of the most popular ones - Google, Yahoo, Amazon, CDDB, Creative Commons, Dictionary, Ebay, Google Suggest, Ask Jeeves, Webster, Wikipedia.

You can add a google bar and a host of other extensions like "Blog This", "Wikipedia", "Flash Got", "Quick Note" etc. etc..limited only by your imagination

No comments: