Saturday, February 28, 2009

Being Organised - DIY Planner

For several years I have been using a leather planner from "Business India". To Order refill pages and other forms I ticked the items I wanted in the ordering sheet and sent it along with a cheque to "Business India" and this continued every year for the yearly refill pack untill sometime after the year 2000 "Business India" decided to stop the planner refills. So I had to settle for "Business Today" and later "Sanka" from Landmark (the book store) but then getting this in time for my yearly planning exercise (just before christmas) was a pain. At times I could procure these yearly refill pages only during mid Jan. This threw all my planning out of gear untill I discovered DIY Planner.

This blog is dedicated to personal productivity solutions and offers a software application - Dynamic Templates that prints out planner pages. I use the 2 page per day format by printing these on an A4 stationery with two pages per sheet and using the duplex option to print like a booklet. I created my own templates for Itinerary Sheet, Project Planning, Notes. I use a simple two ring binder to keep it all together. Will post pictures of it soon.

I am creating additional templates and adding more capabilitites to my binder like having a pen loop, a place to keep post-it flags, a transperent sleeve to carry stuff, a business card sleeve and a lot of other stuff. Will post the photos of the project soon.

No comments: