Sunday, October 03, 2004

The Hindu : Edgy Enthusiasms

Its early Sunday morning, its been raining all night. The fine drizzle doesnt seem to be yielding and the streets are wet but the newspaper boy has managed to deliver my copy of the "The Hindu" crisp and dry.

With a mug of hot tea, I went for the "Literary Section", usually supplied every month. I enjoy the book reviews and author profiles especially the obscure ones. I looked for Sashi Tharoor's column and was dissappointed it was not carried this week. I found Pradeep Sebastian's column, This week he wrote about Ron Rosenbaum, whom he calls the shakespeare of investigative journalism. I like his narrative style especially the way he conveys all that he has to say in light prose. Any book that he mentions in his coulumns makes it to my "Must Read List". I specially like two other pieces that he has written in the past - The Book thief and the piece on "Literary accessories" (4th July 2004). Visit the archives of The Hindu to read his other pieces.

No comments: